Friday, June 25, 2010

The Weeks Highlights


This week was the official start of summer and we certainly kept busy.

-Some nice thunderstorms rolled through. One evening the wind blew so hard that the rain went horizontal. I was standing with Emma when I heard some serious drips hit our pergo floor in the kitchen.

-Yesterday while napping James and I woke up to a rain storm in the house. The sealing in the skylight in the kitchen gave out and down flooded the water that it was holding. I thought a pipe burst. Good thing my contractor was here to see it!

-I started working out with a friend at our rec center. I have been using their babysitting service for Emma. She seems to be enjoying it and I love using something else besides the treadmill. My girlfriend and I use the elliptical and having someone to chit chat with makes the time go by much faster. I think we're gonna love using my membership I bought today and it's only about eight miles from home.

-This afternoon we went to the city pool with my girlfriend and her two boys. Emma loved, loved, loved the water.
You'll have to excuse the pictures of me in my bathing suit....ha!




My girlfriend and one of her little boys. We had such a good time. I was smothering sunscreen on the whole time I was there. She asked if I didn't like the sun and I explained that I love the sun but it does NOT like me.


Emma and I stood under this thing. She thought it was a hoot.












She loved sticking her head in the water. I took her out into deeper water and she loved swimming around. I think she is going to be my little fish and I think she would have stayed the rest of the day but mom was hot and tired.


1 comment:

Sarah Tressia said...

Glad you had such a great time at the pool!