Saturday, January 22, 2011

Why I Love Winter

There is one reason why I really do love, love winter!
James actually slows down just enough to finish some projects that I would like done.

This is my new kitchen island he brought in right around Christmas time .  He had been working on it in his spare time since last March but finally decided to just get it finished in December.  I'm glad to because it was getting kind of dusty out in his garage and I was getting tired of waiting and waiting for it.  I think he did a great job and I just love how it looks in my kitchen.  



I told him I wanted some shelves in Emma's room to put her special animals, books and pretty things on.  He got these put up earlier in the week around the same time he finished the ceiling.   Yes, mom and dad, my ceiling is no longer hanging down.  ha!  



I'm very excited because I received my large order from Mountain Rose Herbs.  I can't wait to show you how to make  two new things I'll be adding in my routine: homemade deodorant and lip gloss.   I love my hand lotion and body butter that I've been making.  It's all I ever use now and it feels good knowing I'm using healthy, all natural and even edible ingredients on my skin.   I never have to worry about rubbing my body butter on Emma's dry fingers as she sticks them right back into her mouth.  Having avocado oil in it, I know it's good for her no matter where it goes.


Today with the weather what it has been, it has been a good day for Emma and I to stay in.  We were gone two days in a row and she was pretty tired today.  This morning she didn't wake up until after ten.  I had the door open and was doing things in the kitchen and I didn't think my sweet girl was ever going to wake up.  I guess not having naps the past two days caught up to her.
 I had plenty of time to do some crocheting before she woke up.  

 
Emma and I stayed in our pajamas all day today.  



 

1 comment:

Sarah Tressia said...

My mom likes the deodorant recipe from Sonoma Garden. Your kitchen island is amazing!