Friday, March 1, 2013

Applesauce Cookies


This is one of my favorite recipes I found and pinned to my board on pinterest.  I have learned that after trying a recipe or project, if I really love it, to print it out so I have a hard copy.
I'm so glad I did.   It appears the link these yummy little cookies came from is gone.  

Applesauce Cookies
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
2 cups applesauce or pumpkin puree
2 cups nuts (optional)
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups raisins (can omit these and add more chocolate chips!)

1) Combine all dry ingredients
2) Cream butter, then beat in sugar.  Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
3) Add applesauce to butter mixture, stir a bit, then  add flour mixture.  Stir together.
4) Add nuts, raisins, and chocolate chips.
5) Place dough in fridge overnight.

Bake 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees

2 comments:

Paige said...

Yum! Will have to try. My mom and dad are coming today so I'm hoping to convince my mom to help me make cinnamon rolls.
:)
I find the same thing...if I like a recipe it goes right on my recipe blog. Cannot tell you how handy that has become. Today I was at the grocery store when I realized I needed to get something and bam, I could look up the recipe right on my phone. Gotta love/hate technology.

Aunt Theresa said...

Paige,
I love your mom's cinnamon rolls. I make them on a regular basis for James for his breakfast.
I can't get to the internet from my phone but maybe one day I will move up to that. :)