Sunday, January 25, 2009

My First Purse

Growing up, I spent countless hours watching my grandmother and mother crochet. When I was twelve, I was ready to make my first afghan. My poor mother probably almost went crazy trying to teach me. Those of you who have twelve year olds understand exactly what I mean by that comment. I had to use my favorite color blue, but not only did it have to be blue, it had to be four shades of blue. As my skills and reading abilities became better I didn't need moms instructions as much (thank goodness). I'm sure I went to school being tired many days because many nights I would stay up into the late hours of the night crocheting. Yes, I'm sure I spent many nights underneath the covers crocheting with a flashlight. If only I could have had the same passion for my schoolwork.
Now that I'm 34, (although James assured me the other day I was 35 and we had to go through the counting of what year I was born etc.) my crocheting skills are advanced enough that I'm able to design my own purses and bags. This is my first purse and I proudly carried it to church today.











No comments: