Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Material and Food


I buy fat quarters at the quilt store downtown to make the table top quilts I am making. These are two that I bought last week. I just love them & I love buying fat quarters because they fit my budget. When I got this fabric home I realized it didn't go with the quilts I was making so I'm just going to have to go back to the store and get some more. There sure is some beautiful material.



I know the stripes & flowers go together but I'm not sure about the blue in the picture below.


I love the fall decor but I don't have a lot of it. I wanted something simple and pretty for my kitchen table so I put an ivory tablecloth my sister gave me on it. Then I found a fall napkin I had to place in the middle with 3 tea light candles. I love how they melt down right into the gold dish. It makes the kitchen and home seem cozy and comfy which is nice considering how cold it has been here.


Tonight for dinner we had red pepper risotto and olive cheese bread. I put this photo up for my sister just so she knows I'm not just a "short order cook" and she'll come to visit so I can cook more for her. I got both these recipes from this website www.thepioneerwoman.com I didn't have all the ingredients for either recipe so I just used what I had and I don't think it hurt either recipe. For the olive cheese bread I only made half a batch and I put the spread on whole wheat bread thinking that makes it a bit healthier... don't you think? ha.

No comments: