Thursday, February 4, 2010

Middle of the Week Projects


Emma this morning zonked out for her nap. I just love her little hands. :)


Yesterday I made Indian Flat bread. The first time I tried these was at my sisters house when I was home for a visit. I fell in love with them. Usually I make this in the summer but it was warm and sunny here yesterday so I thought a little summery treat was just what we needed. These can be eaten plain (yes they are that good) or loaded with veggies, deli meats, cheeses etc. It is hard not to have to many in one sitting. Here is the link to the recipe. They do take time and practice to make but are so worth it.


The flat bread on a sheet ready for the second rise. I'm so thankful for my Bosch Universal mixer! It makes every job so much easier and faster.


I also made my first batch of homemade laundry detergent. It is so simple! You can find the recipe I used at this website.
http://www.homemademothering.com/search/label/laundry%20detergent

Here is another recipe from one of my other favorite blogs that is similar to the one above.
http://ourjourneytoasimplerlife.blogspot.com/2009/10/homemade-liquid-laundry-detergent.html


You are asking...what does Emma do while I'm doing these projects??? Here are a couple of pictures of her. She plays really well as she watches me and we talk, sing songs and I tell her all about the things I'm making...ha...poor girl has to listen to me talk a lot!


1 comment:

Paige said...

I'm so excited you are trying my friend, Maureen's, laundry detergent. You'll have to let me know how it turns out! Looks like Emma is enjoying the excersaucer. We just got our old one out of the garage. So fun!