Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Preparations

Preparations are under way for little Emma's first birthday.
It is a little over a month away.
I have a lot of ideas.
I have had many years to think of them.  :)  
Today her  birthday banner that I ordered from Etsy came in the mail.
Oh, it's beautiful but I can't show you yet.

Here is some yarn and something special I'm making for the party.
I can't tell you about that either.  It's for my little girls that are coming.
You get an idea of the colors though.  
 I could not have a party without something I've hooked.

This week has been nice and toasty in our area so far.  Emma and I have ventured out to Wal-mart or the grocery store just to "mix" up our evenings since James is working.
Today at Wal-mart I found yarn that was marked down.  I threw all the dish cloth yarn in my cart.  I'm sure I looked crazy but it's not often you find yarn for sale around here.
I've continued to work out this week.
It's hard.
Progress is so slow but I know if I continue it will be worth it...maybe...I think.
Really though, I would rather just sit and eat.  Eating is more fun.
Speaking of eating,  I guess I'll dive into the sweet and salty popcorn I just made and watch a movie.

I'm continuing to learn that God's plans are not our plans.  Sometimes that is a tough lesson to learn and I'm learning that it just continues throughout life.  Tomorrow I'm posting s special "list" for a sweet friend of mine who is adding some blessing(s) to their  family.   

1 comment:

Sarah Tressia said...

A party is always better with something homemade!