Friday, July 2, 2010

Trying to Bake Three Pies

Today I decided to make three apple pies.

I mean,it is the 4th of July weekend.  You can't spend the holiday without apple pie, blueberry pie, hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad...
Oh wait, this post is about apple pies!  I always get so caught up in food when I start talking it.  HA!

I'm sure most of you think I've made tons of pies.  Nope.  Never.  This was the first.
I used this handy kitchen gadget because my sister has said it is so easy to make the pie crust in this.  
It really is.
I successfully got two apple pies in the oven.  I used my homemade apple pie filling that I can in the fall.  At least I know the middle is yummy!  I can't say if the crust is quite yet.

After I got these two lovely pies in the oven I started on the crust for the third.  I'm sure I followed the directions.
Although talking to my mother on the telephone at the same time while dumping the ingredients in may not have helped.  I lost track.
I don't know how I lost track.
There  are four ingredients to dump in.  How can you lose track?  Well, I must have because it did not turn out.  I dumped it in the trash and decided to just try again since it takes little time.

Do you think it came out the forth try? 
Nope!
Can you believe that?  So, I ended up dumping the forth batch in the trash.  
I told James I would just try again tomorrow.  Obviously I was seriously losing it.

Instead of ending up with three pies, I ended up with two.  I guess that's not so bad for the first try.  


5 comments:

Sarah Tressia said...

They look delicious! Now I want to make an apple pie. :)

Paige said...

Yum! I always use store bought crust. Maybe next time I'll make my own. Kind of inspired now. Have a serving for me!

Aunt Theresa said...

I hope they taste good.
Paige - it's so easy with the Kitchen Aid. You could totally do it!

Stephani said...

Congrats on the 2 pies! They look awesome and yummy!

The Antonich's said...

Um, you were right, I was totally sure you'd made pies before! It is funny to me that you canned pie filling but never made a pie.

It shouldn't be funny to me because I canned pie filling as well, and as of yet, have never made a pie! and i don't have that neat looking kitchenaid so I'm not sure i will risk it :) I'll stick to my apple crisp! but your pies..they look YUMMY!