Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Latest Project for James






Emma always likes to be where James is at.  She is always giddy with excitement when he comes home.  Yesterday she headed right out in her pajamas.  Silly girl.

A few years ago I was visiting my parents  and they were  watching Living with Ed.  I quickly got addicted to the show because watching Ed and his wife banter about living "green" is a hoot.  We watched this episode and I fell in love with the kitchen countertops.  I came home excited and told James that was what I wanted in my kitchen.   How expensive could concrete with lovely recycled glass be?  After research,  I was informed that they were way out of my price range so I mentioned to the hubs that perhaps he could learn how to make them.  How hard could it be right?  Just mix up some concrete and throw some recycled glass in there.  ha!  After a couple of years of research, saving up some money for the tools and doing some practice,  he delivered his third countertop to a customer yesterday.   You can really tell the difference with his first and his most recent ones.  He may need to re-do his first couple of practice ones that are in my kitchen.

No comments: