Friday, February 20, 2009

A Lazy Winter Day

Today I woke up, the wind was blowing and the snow was all over the place so I decided to spend a delightful day in the comfort of my home. James ran out of bread so it was a good day to catch up on that chore. I only call it a "chore" because of the cleanup otherwise making bread is actually fairly easy. When I taste tested it like I usually have to (at least a piece or two) I noticed there was a "taste" missing. Well wouldn't you know it, I realized I forgot the salt. Oh well, hopefully James won't notice. I always make five loaves so I have a few to put in the freezer. This is so I don't have spend time making it every week.

I found these two delightful books at the free library section yesterday. I stayed up until midnight reading one last night. They are an enjoyable little read!
Today I got out this wonderful afghan my mother made (probably before I was even born). I always come back home from Michigan with a car load of things. We needed some blankets to pack around a piece of furniture last time I was home. My mother let me use this afghan! I was so excited because this was one of my favorite blankets to curl up on the couch with on Sunday afternoons while my dad watched a movie when I was little. Today I washed it up and put it on the back of Jame's reading chair and it makes the room seem cozier and more comfy to me. There's nothing like having something your mother made close by to curl up in! Thanks mom!!!





No comments: