Monday, June 21, 2010

Walking

Tonight after I got Emma in bed I put on my shoes and hopped on the treadmill.
Okay, maybe not hopped...more like carefully stepped since my balance is terrible & I tend to fall. But that's another story.
I have been trying to motivate myself for a couple months to walk on my treadmill.
Most times I would decide to snack instead. Snacking helps with stress to...I'm sure but it's just not as beneficial.
Not that I'm really "stressed" but I worry. I worry about people, my dogs, the weather..you name it.
I'm gonna walk the worries away!
Tonight I finally did it.
I made it 2 miles which took me about 33 minutes.
I did some serious sweating!
I got my heart rate up.
And I'm pretty sure I walked off a little bit of the swiss cake roll I had yesterday.
We won't mention the popcorn or nutty bars I enjoyed to....among other things.
I love chocolate. I love food!
Oh, so anyways about my walking...hopefully I can keep it up so that 15 years from now I can keep up with Emma and not worry about such silly little things that my brain loves to think about.

I'm proud but I sure am tired!

For those of you who could care less about my walking tonight and just want to see pictures of Emma.....
these are for you. :)


She is a pretty happy girl. I'm pretty sure she has wanted to just walk for a couple months now.
I tell her to just take her time. No rush. :)


No comments: