Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Evenings

Last week James worked four nights.  He works quite a few nights and I find myself going out to Wal-mart or other stores just to kill time until Emma's bedtime.  She seems to be happy and content riding in a shopping cart and looking at the people and merchandise on the shelf.
I've heard that evenings are when kids can be the crankiest and I find it easier when I just don't have to deal with the whining.  :)   When James is home it's easier but when he is gone I like to be doing things with her so that she is happy.
And I'm happy.

Over the weekend I found this little pool at the store.
She loves to swim so I thought instead of heading out all the time maybe she would be happy playing in the pool in the evenings.  I can watch her while I sip on some tea and she can have fun.

Last night I gave her some yogurt.
She was a mess so after she was done into her pool she went.





Emma eating yogurt and cheese.  Two things she doesn't spit out at me.


 


It was a bit windy out last night so she didn't stay in it long. 

3 comments:

Sarah Tressia said...

I bought a hard plastic pool for Knightly. He doesn't get in it, but drinks from it. Taffy gets in once in a while. It has been played in by the neighbor children, Bella and Adels.

Paige said...

oh the food mess, don't get me started. It's the worst. At least we can enjoy summer and use pools to clean up the mess.

Aunt Theresa said...

If James is home he cleans her up for me because it does not bother him at all. It drives me crazy but I'm trying to get over it. I wonder if it's because of the family we're from. ha ha!