Monday, July 19, 2010

The Weekend

Emma's hair is getting longer.
The longer it becomes the more crazy it can be.

 
I also love the fact that she can look so tough but is really very quite sweet.



Yesterday we had company over for lunch after church.  I just took this picture because it is a basket that used to belong to my niece.  I've been holding onto it a long time not sure what to use it for.
Well, I finally found something to use it for.  It worked out pretty well.

James mentioned last week that I hadn't had anyone over for quite some time.  I'll admit that cleaning up the house, getting food ready and entertaining is not easy for a quiet, lonely, to herself gal like me.
But I did it and it was really quite painless so I'll try to do it more often.  I made up my mind that the house didn't have to be perfect and James helped so that made it easier.
It also was an excuse for him to pick up all his clutter that was around my house that I've been trying to get him to pick up for a while now.
Hmmm...maybe I will have to have people over more often so he continues that habit.  ha! 
I really need to get better about getting my camera out and taking some shots when we have people over.

James and his two dogs.  They just love snuggles or being right next to you even when it's hot out.


3 comments:

Stephani said...

I love how you said that James's stuff was lying around YOUR house. LOL! I totally get that. It's been hard learning to deal with Jim and his stuff lying around now that he is home all the time.

Sarah Tressia said...

Emma's hair is great!

Paige said...

If you keep having people over it seriously helps keep the house clean, that's one reason I am always having people over. Motivation to pick up.