Sunday, September 5, 2010

Reflection

I just don't know where the summer has gone.  It has flown by.  I've heard that time flies and it's so true. 
My sister once told me that when planning a trip, vacation or anything that may be exciting to the kids, (and you)  you let them know as soon as you find out.  One third of an experience is looking forward to something, one third is while it's being done and the last third is reflecting and thinking about what you've done.
I think the same is true for the seasons.  The Lord gives us four seasons to look forward to, to have, and to look back and reflect upon.  Summer is coming to a close and I've been reflecting on all the things I have gotten to experience as my first summer as a mom.
It's been great.  Emma and I have gone swimming, taken nice long walks, gone on a couple of wonderful trips, visited with cousins and friends, had family visit and just spent lots of time together.
She has suddenly gone from crawling to walking, eating more solids and babbling more.  I will think of all the wonderful times that we've had this summer and start planning for next summer. I also look forward to her growing and learning more.  It's so exciting to watch her.  I never imagined watching a little one grow would be so much fun.   I also now get to look forward to fall.  It's my favorite time of year even though there are no apple orchards here and the fall colors aren't seen as much where we are at.  I can smell the crisp air and imagine what beauty the trees are back east.

Here are just a few of our summer highlights.  Things that I most certainly want to remember and not forget!

Lots of time with James, Lily and Daisy.  


I have always heard people talk about the snakes around this area.  I was so thrilled and excited to finally see a couple here this summer.  It's about time...not that I like snakes.  I really don't but I love the thrill of the "hunt."  ha!


Emma is big enough that I got out all the Little People I had.  It's getting more fun every day to watch her play.
We got to visit two dear friends over the summer.  I'm sure these gals have spent more on postage stamps then most people.  I love getting letters from them in the mail.  :)


My mom and dad took Emma and I for a drive one day.  We went up to grandpa and grandma's farm...oh the memories!  We stopped at a couple of cemeteries and I helped my dad do some weeding and watering.



One of my favorite trees at grandma and grandpa's.  It is so huge.   I have dreams about how beautiful it is going to be in another month or so.

It is always fun to watch my dad drive his tractor.

I love these three boys...my nephews.  The make me laugh.

I walked out to my mom's garden as much as possible.  Sometimes I didn't pick anything...I just wanted to be out where it was so green and lovely even if the mosquito's did eat me alive.  :)
I used to spend several hours in the summer swimming in mom's garden..yup, her garden used to be a swimming pool.  


Of course spending time with all my girls was a huge highlight.
I miss you girls and can't wait until next summer.  :)


1 comment:

ramona said...

We love getting mail from you. You have a gift for writing Theresa. Your blogs make me see and feel and think.

Love you all,
Ramona