Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Week So Far


Don't ever ask this man holding this sweet girl to kill a bug for you!
 This morning there was a wasp in the bathroom.  I asked him to take care of it for me.
I got the fly swatter for him & he gently proceeded to swat at the thing four times.   After the fourth time it landed on the window.  He just wasn't sure what to do then.  So, I politely took the swatter from him and hit the thing as hard as I could while yelling:  "die! die!"
After he left I saw another one.  I had to go back for the fly swatter and he said: "it's not going to hurt you."  What?  Have you ever been stung by a wasp?  It hurts.

Let's not even talk about how when I left for back East I knew we had a mouse.  How long do you think it took him to set the trap?  I knew I should have just set it before I left.
Poor guy...he doesn't even like to hurt a fly.
But that's one of the reasons I love him.  :)


I've decided to start a fun little tradition with Emma.
James has to work so many nights a month.  This week we started what I like to refer to as "sneaking out" after bed time.  
We may only do this once or twice a month but I think it will be fun.
 Right now she fits through the dog door so I just go around to the back of the house and pull her out of it.  She  loves sticking most of her body out of it  quite often so I help her the rest of the way. 
We hop in the car and head to one of my favorite places for an ice cream cone.
It's a place James doesn't really like to go so it's a good excuse to go without him.
This is just before I went around back to help her out of the door.  
Maybe someday we will be headed out late at night to do some serious tee peeing...ha!
I do have quite the toilet paper stash.  ha!


I've been spending lots of time with my crochet hook lately.  The more I crochet the more I love it.
You'd think I would be tired of doing it by now but I just don't seem to
Emma is my model.  Poor thing...she does not have a choice.  :)



Our sweet girl loves to screech, sing, jibber jabber.
When she does her high pitch screech, which I love, daddy has to cover his ears.
What is even more great is I have noticed that she is starting to cover her own ears when she does it.  Smart girl!

Emma loves boxes!  Her grandparents always ask me what she needs.  :)   
Just give the girl paper and a box and she is happy.


If you know me you know I do not like blood.  I can smell it.  My blood sugar gets messed up, I panic and well, I have been known to pass out.
The other night Emma fell against the box and cut her gum.  The poor girl had blood all over her face.   Who knew that so little blood could make such a mess!  First I just sat and looked at her and said "you got yourself into a pickle didn't you?"  
All was okay.  I got her cleaned up and she was just peachy like it never happened.
I did not panic, I did not pass out and it hardly phased me.  Yay!  That's all I'll say about that.  :)


















1 comment:

Sarah Tressia said...

good job not passing out! :)