Friday, October 15, 2010

Flashback Friday

We had such a sweet, little, first home.  
I have been thinking about it a lot this fall as James keeps reminding me that we'll be married twelve years in December.
It doesn't seem that long ago that he was scraping the old paint off the siding and painting it this beautiful blue for me.
Now, every time I see a house in the same color I just fall in love with it...no matter where it is or what style.  It always reminds me of the sweet times I had in this house.
Even though I did get in a fight with the neighbors once and the police and James had to tell me to go inside.  ha!  But we won't talk about that.  Not one of my most bright or proud moments.

I didn't think James was ever going to finish the work on this home.  When he finally did it was time to buy land and build one.  Whew!   What a lot of work!
When we go back home we always drive past.  It seems a bit lonely now that we're gone & the people don't seem to take as well care of it as we would have.
It was so close to our families, Arbys and town.  :)  What a blessing that God gave us such a lovely first home to have wonderful memories in.  


No comments: