Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Week

We have been baking this week although I did almost give up because I seemed to be burning everything at first.   I thought some yummy roasted, sugar coated almonds would be good...until I burned a few of them.  I've always had good luck at cinnamon rolls.  Well, not this week.  I was wondering why the timer kept going off when I thought I had taken them out of the oven.  Then I realized ten minutes later they were still in the oven.  ha!  Yesterday I made Russian tea cakes and to my delight they turned out perfectly yummy!
Emma loves to color while I'm working in the kitchen.


I don't know about any of you but I have a hard time not going in and taking pictures of Emma when she is zonked out.  Sometimes my flash wakes her up.  ha!  I also go in at night if I'm crocheting hats and try them on her and occasionally get her out to snuggle.  I don't know if anyone else does this but I just have to.  I know soon enough she'll be to big to snuggle and I want as many snuggles and moments that I can get.
Just in case you are worried...she goes back to sleep just fine and she gets plenty of rest.


Emma enjoys sitting with her dad.


These next two pictures are for my mom and dad.  I think I used to make a lot of funny faces to.   



It's Christmas time and one of my favorite things about Christmas is the special foods.
Two of my favorite delights during the season is peppermint mocha creamer and little Debbie Christmas trees.  


1 comment:

Paige said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that peppermint creamer!!! It's such an amazing treat, but I tend to go overboard with it. Right now I have an insane amount of creamers in my fridge (pumpkin pie spice, peppermint, vanilla). I'm like a little Starbucks. Looks like you and I are doing the same thing this week. Baking, baking, baking and treat making! Enjoy!