Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Daybook...Week Three

Outside....Sunny with snow.  I'm glad the sun is out today because it has been a bit gloomy this week and I have been feeling quite sluggish.  In the 30's which is a heatwave!


In the kitchen....no bake cookies.  I love this recipe my sister gave me.  They have peanut butter and lots of sugar in them.   


What I have learned....natural peanut butter does not work for some recipes.  I made granola bars last week with natural and had to throw them out.  They did not taste good at all! 


Around the house.....James has a couple days off so he is home working on a project.  Emma is enjoying standing and watching him chit chatting away.  The dishwasher is running & the washer is going.  


What I'm drinking....decaf green tea with a tablespoon of coconut oil.  Coconut oil is suppose to boost your metabolism and mine sure could use a good boost.  ha!



I'm thankful......that James was home yesterday  working around the house.  I wasn't feeling all to well and it was good to have him here to help a little.  He also had time to head to the store and get me ice cream...mint chocolate chip of course!   I was able to move but it was very slowly.  I'm thankful for a little girl that plays well during those times to.  :)


What I am making...hearts and more hearts.  I can't wait to show a picture of all I have done when they are all finished.  



Plans for the rest of the week.....We're going to head to MOPS tomorrow and do some visiting the rest of the week.  


On My Mind....Practicing forgiveness.  How many of us like to do this?  I certainly don't but once again my devotional book has challenged me.     We are suppose to bless and forgive those that are mean to us or speak unkindly to us.  I don't know about you but I just really don't "feel" like it sometimes.  According to scripture, it does not matter how we feel though.  We are suppose to do it by faith and be obedient.   We are to get down on our knees and pray for those who have offended us and keep praying until we feel no more anger.  We are suppose to ask blessings upon those.  
  "Bless them that curse you."  (Matthew 5:44)
"When He was insulted, He did not answer back with an insult; when he suffered, He did not threaten, but placed His hopes in God." (1 Peter 2:21-23)


A picture to share.....My parents will be so happy to see this.  ha!  We've had a little ceiling issue for about three years now.  I've been calling my contractor bugging him about it when he is doing other jobs.  He is finally getting to this job!  I'm so thrilled...not thrilled about the mess in the house but that's what vacuums are for.  :)    I'm also happy my hubby (the contractor) gets to spend some time with us.  I like him being around even if he is working on a project. 








3 comments:

Sarah Tressia said...

You inspire me Theresa! I left you a reply on my blog.

ramona said...

What is James standing on. The picture makes it look scary, as in pogo sticks.

Aunt Theresa said...

Ramona,
James says they are stilts. I told him we could hire him as a clown for one of Emma's birthdays. ha! I don't know how he walks on them. :)