Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Daybook....Week Two


Outside...This week it has been very, very frigid.  I text my mom, who lives in the south where it's warmer, that it's frigid but at least the sun is out.  The sun makes all the difference for me even with  it being so cold.


I'm thankful for.... heat!  I've gone out one time this week and have ran to the car in order to get out of the cold!  The roads were slippery when I ventured out so I also prayed that if I ended up in a ditch to let it be close to a nice, cozy, warm home.  ha!  Heat!  Yes, I'm thankful for heat.


In the kitchen....chocolate chip cookies.  I started a double batch yesterday that I need to finish baking today.  I like to make enough to put in the freezer.  James takes them in his lunch so he goes through them quickly.


What we are listening to....Disney's Children's Favorites Record.  The other day I got out my record player and a couple records that I used to listen to when I was little.  I'm thankful they only skip a couple of times.  Emma enjoys listening to this record and dancing to it and I've been singing the songs to her.  I love "The Hokey Pokey."


What I'm making....today I am making body butter.  Tomorrow will be laundry detergent.  I always seem to run out of things at the same time.


What I'm drinking.....coffee with a new kind of creamer I thought I would try...white chocolate caramel latte.  It's pretty yummy!


This morning Emma has.....danced, colored, laced and trace with her shapes and had some oatmeal.


On my mind...this week I have been trying something new that I read in my devotional book...not to think about finishing something because then you feel overwhelmed.  Just start  a project and eventually you'll get it done.  So, this week instead of feeling overwhelmed thinking about what I would like to finish I have been just starting them.  It's actually helped me accomplish quite a bit.

Around the house....the kitchen is clean, Daisy and Lily are barking and Emma is playing quietly.

A picture to share...



1 comment:

Sarah Tressia said...

We made chocolate chip cookies today. I LOVE reading your Day Book. Miss you and love you. April thinks your baby is cute!