Friday, January 7, 2011

Finding The Balance

     I don't know about anyone else but when I start something new sometimes I get going and eventually after a month or so it "fizzles" away.  It was to hard or to much work.  I've been reading nutrition books on Endometriosis and many things I know but I'm learning lots of new things from them to.   To change everything I eat would be a lot of work especially since the list of things I shouldn't be having is very long.  Some of the things I'm not suppose to have such as coffee and chocolate...well, those are two of my favorite things.
     I'm all about moderation as long as it is not making me ill.  I know when I've had to much coffee or soda.  The affects of it can cause me a lot of pain which is why I'm careful not to have say, three cups of coffee a day.    I've decided since reading through so many books and trying to educate myself on ways that I can feel even better and have more energy this year, I would work on my nutrition. I sure could use some more energy which is something I've lacked from having this disease throughout my life.  Notice how I say "nutrition" and not "diet".  I prefer to think of this not as a diet because quite frankly, that implies that I'm trying to lose weight and who needs that pressure. 
    The past two weeks I have added decaf green tea into my diet.  I also add about a tablespoon of coconut oil in the first cup I drink.   Both are very beneficial for women with endo.  The coconut oil also helps with food cravings which is an added benefit!   I'm hoping that eventually I will crave and love the decaf green tea so much that I can phase out the cup of coffee I love waking up to in the morning.
     So, what have I learned while adding these two things into my daily routine?  First, not to drink three cups of tea in the evening otherwise I will be up a lot during the night running to the bathroom. ha!  Sometimes I tend to go overboard and have to remind myself about moderation.   Second, is to just add one or two things at a time so that I don't feel overwhelmed.   This way,  it will become a lifestyle habit and not a chore.    I don't need to add anymore chores to my "to do" list!  ha!

     Sweet Emma playing with a toy that I played with when I was little.  I sure am glad my mom and dad saved some of our toys.  She just loves this so much!  


1 comment:

Sarah Tressia said...

Nutrition is a good way to look at it. You said it so well.