Thursday, January 6, 2011

Torn Sheets

     Yesterday I washed sheets.  Exciting, I know!  I always wait for James to get home to help me put the sheets back on the bed.  Maybe it's laziness or maybe it's just because it goes faster when two people put them back on...whatever it is, I always wait.
     I have two sets of sheets, both of which were given to me.  My sister gave me a lovely flannel set and my mom gave me  another lovely cotton set.  I won't tell you how many years ago they gave them to me.  Let me just say that I have never bought a set of sheets.   I must also tell you that they gave them to me because they had bought new sheets for themselves...so they are true and used hand-me-downs.
     Last night James was helping me put the fitted sheet on when he noticed a huge rip that made a huge hole right in the middle.  We both laughed!  I have no idea how the sheet got such a big hole in it.  I can tell my mom that her sheets got good use!  I pulled out the flannel sheets that my sister gave me out of the cupboard and decided we'd just use that set instead.  We got the bottom sheet put on and when James was helping me spread the top one on what did he see?  It was another big hole! 
     This is finally when James stopped and looked at me and said, "don't you think we can afford some new sheets?"  This is where my brilliant idea came in.  I told him that we would just use the good bottom one and good top one.  After we got the bed made I even came out to the computer to look at sheets on Amazon.  I was going to buy a pair.  Oh, wouldn't my mom be proud!  I have issues when it comes to money.  I'm a saver for the most part and lets face it, sheets are not the most exciting thing to buy.  I couldn't decide what kind of sheets I wanted.  Who knew there were so many decisions when buying them.  So I turned off my computer and went to bed.  I crawled in my cozy bed and decided I didn't need  to buy sheets because my two mismatched ones were just perfect.  
     So mom, if you are reading this make sure you and dad buy a new set of sheets by the next time I come home.  I may need some new hand-me-downs.  ha!
     Now onto my next dilemma.  Do I keep the torn sheets and use the material for something or do I throw them away?  Whatever I decide, I know I won't wait around to ask the hubby because he likes to keep everything.

Update on Christmas tree lights -  I went to Wal-mart looking for what James told me I needed not knowing what that really was.  They are still strung across my floor.  I have decided to just put them in a separate box and hopefully if I remind him enough he will get what I need to work on them during the year before the next holiday season otherwise next year, I may just have to pitch them and buy new ones...hopefully James forgets I write this.  ha!


 






3 comments:

Stephani said...

I'm trying to decide if I should laugh or not because this sounds so much like us! I've only ever bought one set of sheets and that's because the were on clearance for $15.

We are still using sheets we got for a wedding gift and the last couple of years we've gotten sheets as Christmas gifts.

Stephani said...

BTW, love the new blog look!

Aunt Theresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.