Monday, January 3, 2011

Unmotivated Start to the New Year

I don't know about anyone else, but I had a hard time getting motivated today.  Maybe it's because I've been in my pajamas for about two weeks.  During that time I think I left the house maybe twice.   That's right.  I only left the house two times and it was so delightful.  I'm really not one for venturing out during the holiday madness.  Truth be told, maybe if I lived in a warmer climate I would venture out more,  but my bones get so cold when the temperature drops below twenty degrees.  Yikes!
I woke up this morning not knowing what I wanted to begin doing.  Did I want to organize, sweep, dust, get rid of my recycling or take down some of my Christmas decorations?
I decided to tackle the tree.  I knew it would take some time because I'm just not that motivated.  I was happy when all my ornaments were put away nice and tidy like.
My next step was lights.  Oh the lights.  What a pain!  Did I really have the energy to keep going?  I grabbed my tea, took a big gulp and continued.
I pretend that it's a big energy drink.  It's not really but I can pretend.
So now, what is stranded across my living room floor? Ten strands of lights.  I had this brilliant idea.  I was going to make sure that each and every strand worked before I put them away.  Out of ten strands, eight need to be checked that have several lights out. 
Being the good wife I am, I waited until James came home and asked his advice.
I knew what he was going to say.  I could throw them away, pitch them, be rid of them and save myself the work of checking every stinking bulb.
But, hubby has a different idea.  
That would be wasteful.  
So tomorrow my lights will continue to be strung across my floor.  At least I can put two strands away.
I will be the good wife and go through every one.  Next time though, I may just have to pitch them before asking.  :)  

I sent a text to my mom the other day reminding her that Valentines Day was soon to be here.
Sometimes she sends us boxes of candy hearts.  I want to make sure she sends Emma one for me.
That's right...just for me!  I love candy and candy hearts are great because they aren't to hard and just right to chew on.
  I tell James all the time that we should own a candy store.
Apparently he thinks that would be silly because we would never make a profit.
Why?
He seems to think I would eat the candy up!  

Speaking of V Day coming up...this is a little something I've been working on.
Sweet, little crocheted Valentines Hearts...they are so cute!  The possibilities for them are endless.


Emma love hanging out under the kitchen table these days.
It's like her little fort.
 

1 comment:

Stephani said...

I think I've got you beat. I left the house only 4 times the entire month of December! I loved every second of staying home.

Do you have a pattern for those hearts? They are adorable and Liz loves making little things like that.