Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Letter To My Niece


Dear Niece,
This afternoon I made taco pie for Uncle James for dinner tonight. Tomorrow I really need to bake him some applesauce muffins for breakfast. I really want to make chocolate mocha muffins to. Those are my favorite! You'll have to call me to make sure I'm up baking in the morning. I'm also planning on making tuna roll ups for lunch. Have you made those yet? Don't forget all you need is one can of tuna. Then you just dump mayo, pickle relish and cheddar cheese, mix it all up and slap it on a tortilla and roll up! It's so easy and yummy! I like to add some celery to mine because we like the crunch but I know you don't like celery.
Tomorrow night is our last night of vacation bible school. Tonight they served us Kraft macaroni and cheese with pizza rolls to eat. You know how I love kraft dinner! I don't know why they served it with pizza rolls though. I would have preferred it with hot dogs! That is what your great great aunt Dorothy used to serve to me. Your great grandma Curtiss also loved fixing me kraft dinner but I don't think she served it with the hot dogs. You just can't go wrong with hot dogs and kraft dinner. When I was little I was sure that was what was going to be served at my wedding. HA!
Lily and her guest for the week, Lady, are not getting along very well. They are quite funny to watch. Lily sits far away from Lady and if she gets to close...Lady shows her teeth and growls! Tonight the UPS guy came to deliver a package and James said Lady was barking and growling up a storm at the guy and then he had Lily in the other room barking. It's funny. I don't know why Lady was growling. She never growls with either one of us. Lady is a pretty nice dog and I can let her out the side door and not worry about her running away. She always comes when called. I'm not sure when Stacie is getting back from Utah. I think they pick her up Saturday. I offered to take care of her goats and chickens. She just laughed at me! Well, who can blame her. ..you would laugh to if you saw me try to handle her goats! ha!
Ami got back from Africa safely last night. I only spoke for her for a few minutes today. She was exhausted but I think she'll be at VBS tomorrow night. Her translater put her hair in braids so she wants to show everyone. I'll be sure to take my camera tomorrow night so I can show you some photos. Her husband and boys were glad to see her! I don't think she'll be going anyplace again without them anytime soon. :)
Well, I'm going to go read "Emily of New Moon" by L.M. Montgomery. Does your mom have that book on her bookshelf? You should check and read it. I think you would really enjoy it and it would give us something else to chat about. I should read "Then there were five" again to. It's been a while since I've read through those. Love You Tons!

No comments: