Friday, June 12, 2009

A Lost Lady

Sometimes a day just does not start out like planned. I woke up and let Lady (our friends dog we are taking care of this week) out the side door, went and made my coffee and then let Lily out the back door. Lady has never lived in a fenced in yard and always comes when called. Well, when I went back out around ten minutes later I started to call her and no Lady. I figured she was just around playing and that she would make it back in a few minutes. I went into town to clean at church just thinking she would be on the porch when I got home. Nope! Of course not...that was wishful thinking. Around 12:30 I decided I better call the pound...they asked me all sorts of questions I didn't know such as 1)What kind of dog 2) Is her rabbies up to date etc. The only description I could really give them was her hair color and she has one blue and one brown eye. Well wouldn't you know it, the animal control lady had just brought her in! Our neighbors kept her all morning until animal control picked her up. She must not have been over there very long before they took her in. I just want to mention that while I was driving around looking for her there were two other loose dogs in the area. I also have about four stray cats living under and around my home. Perhaps I'll start taking all my neighbors stray cats and turning them in. I know she wasn't out very long roaming around. When I called Stacie (my friend) to get the information that I needed so I could pick her up she just laughed and laughed. She knows if it's gonna happen...it's gonna happen to me. They only trust me to take care of their baby...ha! I won't even begin to tell you what we did to her the last time she was in our care but it was terrible! And yet, we continue to watch her. HA! Good thing I wasn't asked to take care of her chickens or goats. Who knows what would have happened. Last time I took care of the chickens one got out and James and I had to chase it around the yard! It was a funny sight.
This evening was the most decent one we've had in probably a week so James helped me put together my last square foot garden for the year. I'm up to three. I hope to keep adding one on each year. I'm hoping that everything I've planted grows well. It may have a chance if it doesn't snow anymore this spring/summer.


Lily and Lady try to get along but it's hard when they are the only dogs in their family. Lily loves to follow Lady around.

No comments: