Friday, June 11, 2010

Not Quite Summer

Technically it is not summer yet so I really can't complain to much that the temperatures around here are only in the fifties. It is good sweatshirt weather and for a few moments today I thought it was the time of year to get my fall decor out...Yikes! Not yet I reminded myself.
Last summer it was so chilly even on the 4th of July I had to wear a jacket.
Oh where is that global warming everyone keeps talking about?
My little garden could really use some warmth.
James loves this weather to work in. He is working on a siding job this weekend. He couldn't be happier that warmer weather has held off.

Emma's hair is quite the mess when she first wakes up.
I'm loving it though.
It is so soft and silky. When it gets a bit longer it will be the perfect hair to braid.
People comment to me how much she looks like a doll.
Yup, she is my doll and I love playing with her hair just like I used to with my dolls when I was younger.



When James comes home he does not get a moment alone.
He doesn't complain though...well, maybe the other night he got a bit flustered when his water glass spilled all over the floor.
What can I say? They don't give him much of a break. ha!


I have wanted to read Betsy's Wedding for quite some time. I ordered quite a few of Maud Hart Lovelace's delightful books.

1 comment:

Sarah Tressia said...

I am quite fond of the Betsy-Tacy books!