Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our Weekend

Emma and I came home Saturday afternoon and James was ripping up the carpet. I was so excited to know that my new flooring was being put in. I forget when a project like this is done though the house can easily become a mess. I also realized how dirty my walls were. We ran to Home Depot and purchased some new blinds for the window. I won't tell you how terrible the ones look that are on there now.


The new flooring.



Saturday morning Emma and I went to some garage sales. It was a good way for me to get out and do a bit of walking. I may have indulged in ice cream a bit to much on vacation.

I found this charming book with wonderful illustrations for $1.00 The copyright is 1912 which was the year my grandmother was born. It was also the year the Titanic went down.
I imagine she learned from a book like this in school and taught from it since she became a teacher.

Hopefully when Emma begins arithmetic she will enjoy using this book. I know I've really enjoyed looking through it over the weekend. It is darling.



I'm not a big fan of garage sales. I don't like to dig through things. I rarely buy clothes but what I do look for is books. We were walking by one sale and I wasn't going to stop but I spotted these yellow books on the table. I knew right away what they were.
Nancy Drew mysteries for only fifty cents! I picked up every one of them. I was so excited!

I would also like to thank my niece for introducing me to sweet and salty popcorn last year. I bought a huge bag of freshly made sweetness at the sales.
It was a huge bag!
It was $5.00
James said "you spent $5.00 on that?"
"of course I did and it was worth every penny."
Do you know what?
He does not like it...so I did not even have to share. I had the whole bag all to myself.
and.....
since there is no tag with calories or ingredients on the bag I consider that eating a zero calorie popcorn! ha!
That's my own rule I made up. Maybe I'll need to hit a few more garage sales now to walk off the popcorn.


2 comments:

Paige said...

Great Books! I think those will look so nice displayed in one of your many bookshelves! That blue one is darling.

ramona said...

Your flooring is beautiful. The books were a great find.