Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Favorite Author




Since I found my little baby birds today I had to pull one of my favorite author's books off my shelf to read.
I love Gene Stratton-Porter.  If you love nature and fiction you have to read one of her books.  They are absolutely wonderful.  I would start with Girl of the Limberlost and then move on to Freckles.  I love to imagine that I'm in the swamp looking for my special collection of moths.  Her books helped my love of nature grow and also helped me find loveliness in things I never thought were to lovely.
Check out this web-site to learn about her and her works.

After reading Keeper of the Bees I had dreams of becoming a beekeeper.  You learn so much about the life cycles of bees and their responsibilities.  Who knew bees were so fascinating.  Along with learning about nature you will read a wonderful, wonderful story. 

Oh how happy I am to have found my four birdies today.  Not only will I cherish the time of watching them but I will dive back into these wonderful books and learn so much that I have forgotten.



  

1 comment:

ramona said...

With the coming of the first rose breasted grosbeak in the spring I reread the two pages in "A Girl of the Limberlost" about the family of grosbeaks. The dull dressed mom, with her tuxedo dressed husband.